Now that's a black eye!!
Davis jumped off the top bunk and landed on the end of the bottom bunk, hitting his check on the wood. Head injuries are so scary, he had all the signs of a concussion and I thought for sure he would have a broken cheek bone, busted teeth, or damage to his eye. I took him to the emergency room and they had him in a neck brace, the IV going, CT scan...you name it. He was so good through the whole thing and the doctors were amazed, he is perfectly fine! It is a miracle, he looks awful but he is back to running and playing and acts like nothing ever happened. Once the hospital staff realized they weren't dealing with a brain injury, we ended up waiting around for a few hours before they would discharge him so we sang songs, told stories, took pictures of everything in the room with my cell phone....it was kind of nice to hang out just the two of us even though it was bad circumstances. As we were leaving, Davis looked up at me and said, "Mom, you're my best friend" So sweet. Throughout the whole hospital experience I told him they were trying to make his cheek feel better so when we left I asked him if he liked the hospital and he said, "Yeah, but my cheek still hurts!" 
14 comments:
Oh, I totally started crying when I saw him. That is so, so sad. Really. I mean, words can't even say how much that must have hurt. Truly, he had angels looking out for him to not have any major damage.
Good heavens. That is the worst black eye I have ever seen. What a brave little guy. I hope Cory was in town during the whole event. Glad all is ok with him!
That looks terrible! You must have been scared to death. I hope Cory was there to help! It is so neat when our kids surprise us with how great they can behave during a trauma!
P.S. Matt said he's seen worse! Whatever!
oh my goodness! poor davis! i'm glad he is ok!!
Davis you poor little boy. You look so sad. We love you and hope that you feel better. Hey Lori I guess not family pictures for Thanksgiving. Ha Ha
I cannot believe how bad that looks! I'm SO SO glad he's fine! Poor little guy! :( That's all worth it though for him to tell you you're his best friend...so cute!
Holy cow!!! I would have been scared to death. HE is a strong little man. Just looking at it makes my tummy hurt. Just don't let him look in the mirror.. Then again he might think it looks cool. Boys are confusing that way sometimes.
Wowza! It's always an adventure with kids, especially the boys. Bumps, bruises, broken bones. What a tough lil' man you have there! Hope his cheeks feelin' better. :)
You weren't kidding! Poor kid. That would have scared me to death! I am so glad he is okay, that was such a close one!
OH my goodness Lori. I was sitting at church yesterday and I saw him from afar and thought he had a shinner but wasn't exactly sure. Wowzers it looks like it hurts. Thank heavens everything turned out o.k. NO MORE MONKEY'S JUMPING ON THE BED! :)
Tell Matt to put a sock in it!! Sorry, Davis Buddy, you still are one heck of a good-lookin dude. (Take after your Momma, BTW!!!)
Oh my goodness! Poor guy, that looks awful!!! I'm so glad he is okay and no major damage. Zackary got a black eye last week too but his doesn't even compare to Davis'.
Lori...that is the worst thing I've ever seen! Poor Davis! We miss you guys! Claire is such a cutie! She looks like Kate I think. What are you doing for Christmas? No snow here yet, but you guys got dumped on! Makes it feel like Christmas though!
Wow! That's some bad black eye. My son fell on his bunk bed once and chipped his tooth. I thought that was horrible. His eye looks so sore. I really feel for him. Hope he recovers soon.
Post a Comment