Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trick or Treat

It's really sad that I have six kids and these are the only pictures I have of Halloween night. Trick or Treating goes from 3-7 here which is nice because it's not dark or cold and the kids can get to bed at a decent hour but two huge problems are that kids don't get out of school until 3:30 and nobody is home from work to pass out the candy! Very strange Trick or Treating hours, huh? So it's always a rush when everyone gets home from school to get their costumes on and get out the door. Conner, Emily, and Maggie all went with separate groups of friends so I didn't get any pictures of them.
Clare was asleep so I had to wait for Cory to get home from work so I could take Kate and Davis out. They were very patient and passed out candy until Cory got home, then we were off. At the first house, I told Davis to say Trick or Treat and he said No, I want to say Spongebob Squarepants! Why do kids always have to disagree with everything we say? Almost two hours later, they finally admitted they were tired and ready to go home. I think when the candy buckets get too heavy for them to carry themselves, it is time to go home!

3 comments:

blairsblog6 said...

That's the weirdest times for trick-or-treating I've ever heard of! My big kids went out with friends as well, with walkie-talkies...but it made the whole experience rather relaxed. Great pictures of your kids! The girls are funny as army people and Kate is so beautiful, just like you!

Parrott Family said...

Everyone looks so cute . I love all the great pics of everybody. I need to get my pics up too. You halloween week sounds alot like mine. I rushed from party to party (thank goodness they are all at the same school), then had trick or trunk, then neighborhood trick or treating. It ok with me though, I wouldn't have anything else to do.

Amy said...

Hi Lori,
Nice blog and cute family! It's great to hear from you.
Amy